|MC Name||Evil Monk|
|Voice Actor||Shota Hayama|
|Stage Actor||Ryota Hirono|
|“|| Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
Heir of the Kugen temple, a renowned Buddhist temple. At 14, he mastered an ascetic life his father, Shakku Harai, was unable to. He's badmouthed and his behavior is inappropriate for a monk yet, his faith is deep and he treasures his friends. He often makes up moralising-like remarks. He hates crowds and often acts alone.
Kuko has short, spiky hair and gold eyes with catlike pupils. He also has noticeably sharp canines. He has multiple piercing on both ears: lobe gauges, two lower helix, a snug, a rook, and an upper helix.
Kuko wears black monk-style clothing with a white undergarment. He wears a blue and white bomber jacket with gold shachihoko and lightning bolts on the chest, with black details. He also has black kicker boots, a black studded belt with prayer beads attached and a chain necklace. He has multiple rings on his right index, ring and thumb and his left index, ring and pinky fingers.
Kuko’s Hypnosis Mic looks like a silver khakkhara/shakugo with gold accents and rings. Kuko’s speaker takes the form of a corroded bronze bell/bonshō, tsurigane, etc., with a dragon wrapped around it and speakers in its mouth.
The songs featuring Kuko are:
- Kuko means "sky" (空) (ku) and "weather" (候) (ko).
- Harai means "wave" (波) (ha), "gauze, thin silk, Rome" (羅) (ra) and "barbarian, savage, Ainu" (夷) (i).
- Kuko's quote is attributed to Indian lawyer and anti-colonial nationalist Mahatma Gandhi.
- He is right-handed.
- He likes shonen manga, mountain climbing, and punk rock, while he dislikes rules, crowding with others, and the ocean.
- Kuko's favorite food is fried chicken (karaage), while his least favorite food is Shoujin Cuisine (traditional vegetarian Buddhist food).
- Kuko's speakers may be a reference to the folklore tale of Kiyohime. In this story, Kiyohime falls in love with a Buddhist monk named Anchin. After being rejected, she transforms into a serpent/dragon and killed him in a bell where he hid.